6.13.2009

Comcast torrent work around: Bad Intro

So dear and loyal Comcast customer. You may have noticed your internet speed has both doubled bu that you torrent software doesn't work as it can't communicate shit to any other clients. Sound like your in that situation? Well don't despair, unless you don't have DD-WRT installed on your router.

I have done a fair amount of research but sadly none have said exactly how to do it if you have a MS Windows PC or any machine for that matter that isn't linux. Well, if you haven't done it already I'd first suggest you put a UNIX/Linux firmware onto your router known as DD-WRT. Its only about an hour process at the very most if you run into the slightest bit of problems and include studying up for it. It works quite well and lets you use routers as repeaters or receivers over WiFi.

But anyways back to what I was saying even though it is way to late for me to spell it all out for you. Several forums regarding this issue talk about placing a scripting line through SSH into the DD-WRT firmware'd router through a linux terminal (command line) Good thing there is a command prompt inside the DD-WRT GUI. Just cut and paste the code that prevents any Reset signals from reaching you PCs and then your good. I am sorry about the rambling and then the inconsistency of almost all of the sunject matter. If I want people to pay attention to my blog I need to stop making it the last thing I do in a day. I'll give a much more detailed report, but I wanted you Comcast subscribers to know. There is a way to fight the Great Firewall of Comcast (and Sandvine)

July 12th. The newest versions of uTorrent (1.8.3) provide the necessary code to get past such filters. Albeit it doesn't seem to run as fast as it has but I don't see any proof so far that it is transferring torrents any slower. You don't have to worry about touching any firmware upgrades and potentially "bricking" your router. Just get the newest version of uTorrent and you'll be OK!

No comments: