It seems like even though everything right now is going sour in some way or another. And for all the things that I could total up to have happened on the negative side of things over a months time. I am somewhat happy
Its odd even to me, and yet it makes a good point. If I can get through a tough time like this then do the math. It just means everything should get better. And having gone through some of the surprises so far means I am a much stronger person now than I was, and will be even stronger by the time something like this happens again.
-I had a lengthy and costly road trip to California that taught me the limits of my car. That trip also taught me why I didn't want to be with who had partaken the journey with me.
-After I got back, news that my grandmother had died in Jersey came in through a cell call from my mom. I had meant to go see her for 4 years and now what? Back to Jersey.
-I get back a week later and return to work on Monday only to find the whole place had been flipped upside down. The banks wanted their money that our owner and COO had failed valiantly to make profit from. Maybe that's because they like money enough to stuff our income tax deductions into their own pockets.
-2 days before my former "GF" moves out, while fixing her computer due to a hard drive crash I stumble upon saved IM conversations between her and her best friend. It goes on describing how they were gonna "F" each other 2 days prior to me reading it. I knew something like this may have been happening but not to that extent almost a month prior. And why'd the truth have to stick its ugly head in? I was gonna be away from her forever in 2 days!
-This week my job may still be intact or there will be mass layoffs. Who knows? I'm never going to get my raise in these conditions.
But the greatest thing of all, is that it can only get better! Maybe it will bring greater motivation to me so that 20 years from now I could be like a Steve Jobs or at least a Paul Allen. I've got enough liquid assets that I could possibly dedicate to something that still lets me be a generalist and lo and behold. Capitalism.
No comments:
Post a Comment