So it looks like for us Democrats that the hell is finally over. And for those non-feminist, I'm more feminist than I am racists out there; Our man won. It was a long and almost annoying push just to see Obama finally have the numbers to say that he had won. Now is the time for us to party and prepare ourselves for the real fight and hopefully an easy won against McCain.
It's sad though that this did not occur earlier than it did. McCain has had free reign for quite a while to go against both candidates, saying that our side is full of bickering just like our politics. Hmm, who suddenly changed their tune about the monstrous amounts of money that go into the Political race for the White House. Now that he won his battle, why should he say he wants a balanced playing field. I guess we all do this though. Allowing morals to hide themselves from blocking our decisions when the situation had presented itself.
The most damning part that this race has left on me though is the fact that there is still an actual racist culture existing in the south. Of course the Neo-Nazis and Aryans are out there, but when you read the quotes of the average old white folk in Kentucky talking about the White House being only for white men, or the threat of even going to McCain if there is a Black Presidential Nominee for the Democratic Party. When it comes down to it, maybe the sixties and seventies will happen all over again. I don't remember any assasination attempts happening in the past 15-20 years. I really just hope it doesn't come down to that. Sadly though, Iraq is our new Vietnam. And Terrorism is the new Communism.
No comments:
Post a Comment