6.01.2008

First Blog, First Roommates, Etc, etc.

Ughh, so the day has finally come where I have to move the crap out of my room at my parents house into my friends and I's (Sic?) house we're renting from his girlfriends mother. This entails many things for me and me alone. Sadly enough.

  • I have never had house mates before except during a 4 day stint in OR with one of my best friends, who is actually also my neighbor.
  • Some parts of the floor in my current room, haven't even seen Compact Fluorescent Light before meaning its been covered for at least 3 years. Once I got out of High School, I guess I became much more of a Pack-Rat. Several computers in my room that run under 500MHz, Radios that don't work or are soon to be working because I have yet to take a screw driver to them. I am an Electronics Technician so I do have the right to take things apart (as does everybody, except TVs and Microwave Ovens! Please don't touch those. Death!)
  • I have way too many clothes. Many of which are torn or holey (not to be confused with Holy!) due to my skateboarding days. I finally threw away some boxer shorts that my dog got into. (Disgusting, I know!)
Oddly with moving in available now, I don't know when I will actually be able to get it over there. I do have a car. I don't have any reason to get out of my current situation except for a few annoyed glances when I am not doing something to help the house. Nothing to rush me. Still the price that is to be paid each month is damn good, now it just comes to what gets shared and the comfort of the person owning that shared item.

This afternoon...
In a hilarious if not weird note: after leaving the community pool with my neighbor, some weird possible meth-head carrying a box of beer started whistling for our attention. After making eye contact, he yelled, "do you guys smoke weed". Then noticing other people in the parking lot, quickly glanced around both side of him to see if any others heard him. Striding towards us he, queried us again. I responded with a simple no, guessing this guy just wanted to sell. "Have you ever?" he asked, anxious for a positive answer. Wondering what the hell this guy wanted, besides trying to be used car salesman, I retorted. "What the hell does it matter to..." My friend trying to be as commercially hilarious as possible and seeing the perfect situation to do so stated that we were "above the influence". This guy taken a little off-guard but still willing to make a sale had the genius idea of asking us if we ever smoked weed, again. By simply saying, "Have you guys ever smoked the Buddha?" I'm guessing I just rolled my eyes while I was saying, "No" again, for the second time, for he somehow got the idea and already started walking up the street. I remember him actually saying "See you later" which is the equivalent of saying Goodbye which nobody does anymore.

Once everything is in this new house, we'll have a house party. I would totally be down. I'll get to see if my best friend out of the house mates and also fellow employee has been stealing my lines. They aren't pickup lines or anything, but gathered social sewing needles of mine to be used by me. Of course unless they've already been plaid out by my friend. Then of course a talk will ensue, or hopefully I'll develop better material fast! Parties are always good. Virginity should only last so long. 21 is too old, well maybe not, considering all the shit I have been through. Nope, still pretty sure I'm missing out.

No comments: