So besides the pretty much retarded and very limited use of political talk going on at work, and of course I mean by non-professionals*, I have been stuck trying to figure out one thing.
How the hell is the American populace going to accept that they will not receive a tax break or 'stimulus check' in the coming years. Which brings me to another thing.
Can people be bought out. Can a large enough majority of a country be so caught up in their own personal gain. Their own self righteousness, their own fueling of hatred towards the over-bearer, that now since the lollipop has been provided. The flow of sugar has to keep coming.
It's a very hard question to follow an answer for because one, Wal-Mart and China alone were some of the few companies to have considerable gains in the downed economy. And that can only be abstracted from the fact the no connection was seen for human rights, worker rights or even the care to wonder how we stopped being a super power. And two, just like the cause of the last 'crash', will people's ignorance and lack of restraint be the end of a free-society.
I guess we'll see how long people are going to blame the President for the debt as they frantically wait at the mail box for their check each year.
*As far as professional thing goes, the statements where I have heard the most mundane and asinine of things both political and culturally relevant are people that I question as special. And by special, I mean if I say anything more, Sarah Palin might make a scene here. I see again that ignorance is bliss.
No comments:
Post a Comment