8.24.2008

Can it be true. I hope not!

So the economy has come to at least everyone minds recently. At least if you're above the age of 16 or aren't too busy being a "white pimp" listening to Soulja Boy. It has come to mind.

Like most people, I want to become an entrepreneur or at least as financially independent as possible. And above all things I do not want to become filthy rich. Honestly I wondering what the guys who started Google are doing with their money? I haven't researched it, but they seem to put a lot into their employees as well as into their projects. It's just a dream. But I see a hitch that has to do a lot for my despise of marketing and a majority of the people so easily swayed by it. And wathcing the Donny Deustch show has barely inspired me to push some of ideas to their fullest.

I remember when I was at Best Buy the night before the PS3 was released. They must have positioned the console seperate from the 360 for a reason. Many teenagers, college-aged-preps and I work then go home to my "wife": the Game Console type of people all seemed to be overly hyped for such a system to come out. I too could feel the excitment of the console wars and awesome games beign released. The future seemed at hand with each console's fate to be decided by the market and fanboys. Many of these people however seemed very very impressed with PS3's weak attempt at beign both like the Wii and 360 for both motion control and particle effects respectively with whatever off-road racing game they used as the demo everywhere. The only problem came when everyone except the lil' kids and the retired knew what a majority Best Buy employees did not. That the PS3 will sit almost dormant after that release early in the morning. The Wii on the other hand would sell out for almost several quarters in almost every store the day the shipments came in. This is quite contradictory to what a Best Buy employee told my friend and I saying that "because the Wii is of last generation components, it will be easy to manufacture" and therfore hold very stick very well to its supply and demand unlike said PS3. Opposite of all this a 360 stood running a demo of some Mech game with smoke effects and other eye-candy magic rendered quickly and beautifully at least 30 Fps. Marketing it seemed had given everyone the wrong impression.

Here in lies the dilema that I face, if I come up with a product that is prehaps better than a competitor, I will bring about competition however at the possibility of causing layoff's at their factory. Yes, competition will bring about better prices for the consumers but what if they see such things as something that needs to be had. It is people's money flow that is either changing paths from another business or it is being stretched in order to accomodate the recipient with a service or product. The more this money it stretched or taken away from true neccesities the less the buyer has to pay for the medical care when needed, their child's college fund, hell even thier own retirement. Here is where I refuse to get involved. I do not want to take part in rising inflation, causing ebbs and flows in the credit system and to its fullest extent damaging lives. I hope that this Gross Domestic Product that many talk about will change this so as the situations I described can be averted and I can rest my concious.

No comments: