9.06.2010

Canadians, they aren't that bad

I've been to Canada. I've lived in the US forever, especially including that I've never lived anywhere else than Bellingham. And the one thing that I've gotten out of both is that we both suck at driving, or should I say they're are a lot of people on the road that suck at it. But then again 45 percent of those according to a Gallup Poll done in 2004 (the number hasn't really changed since 1985) still believe God created Man in the last 10,000 years. Not that this is a bad thing at all. God and driving have nothing to do with each other except one thing, the GOP and Trucks.

No, my thing with Trucks is that usually whomever the jackass is inside, they feel they rule the road. This is not OK, they must follow the rules and be as courteous as everyone else that they are sharing with. Instead, I've had a trucker surge onto the ass of my car because they were pissed I tapped the breaks so I wouldn't hit a squirrel. Hilariously enough from the legal standpoint, I can stop for anything in the road, and they can go ahead and hit me and be fully responsible for the damage to both cars. In other words, I win. If they failed to realize the power of their large height off of the ground and crush my car underneath them. They would be fully responsible for not only hitting me, totaling my car, but also all medical bills had they not already killed me with their belligerent and arrogant action. So Fuck 'em see, they are the shit on the road. This license was a Washington one.

Those Canadians that although they don't know where the hell they are going. They need to God damn act like it. And on top of that, learn to fucking signal. Over the past 2 longest weeks of my life, from this past Sunday (9/5) to the 2nd Sunday prior to that, I've had attempts on my life. Not from snipers or hit men trying to score some dough for my head, hand, etc. Nope, these were normal people. Normal people, with below average skills or perhaps even knowledge behind the wheel. In Seattle 2 weeks ago, I remember 2 cars changing lanes almost if not behind my bumper had I not paid attention. Even more so, had these ladies (yep, bot times!) signaled at all, I would have let them in without having to tap my brakes and inhale, all so I'd forget to have honked. Politely noting them that they are horrible drivers was sadly all I could do. Both were Washington plates.

So if you want to blame the Canadians, why don't we then show them how we're supposed to drive. Everywhere in every country people want to drive as fast as they want, but I don't care cause I do to sometimes. I'd just like to let people know what I'm thinking of doing with the car before I move it right in front of anyone or whatever sitch. Signaling above all is key, and if we wanna complain that Canadians can't drive, perhaps we should again try to drive better then them. Maybe teaching them something as well.

No comments: