10.13.2008

So a heart attack at 57 is a wakeup call?

In the latest of the "tell your doctor" ads for who knows what medicine most likely not thoroughly approved by the FDA. I've spotted this gem for the past 2 weeks. In fact they may have already canceled it due to the old-people (yes, Alzheimers) logic.

One of the first Lipitor ads to include a "real person" according to the ads makers,MMM starts off with the man mentioning...

“Talk about a wake-up call. I had a heart attack at 57. I should have been doing more for my high cholesterol. I learned the hard way.”

The things I find down right stupid, if not furthermore retarded about this ad is its hidden did you know factor. A heart attack at 57? Isn't that kinda of usual for someone of that age group who grew up on a standard America diet? The way I see it, its close to just saying, "Talk about a wake up call. I had explosive diarrhea after eating all the nachos at the gas station!"

So I guess eating Nachos will result in Explosive Diarrhea. And a high cholesterol diet will result in...oh yeah, what did the doctors say? A heart attack? Well don't worry its totally Kosh, my doctor can give me Meds before the event of a heart attack happens to me.

All I have to do is tell my doctor. Tell him/her about Lipitor now! Because the commercial told me to! And in some alternate universe, that makes it all better.

No comments: